Sunday, November 27, 2011

'Tis the season...

... for eating lots of good food!

I've received a few emails from you all telling how your child came home and was so excited that they made butter at school on Friday. If you want to try it at home:

Find a container with a tight lid - I use old baby food jars. Fill jar about half way with heavy whipping cream. Secure lid and start shaking away. If your child has siblings (or friends over) this is a great teamwork opportunity because it takes about 10 minutes for the butter ball to start to form. Spread it on whatever you'd like (we used saltines) and eat away! Later in the afternoon, we melted what butter we had left and poured it over popcorn.

I also thought I'd share with you a turkey creation that I made for my own family Thanksgiving meal. It is all 100% edible, kid-friendly and super easy.

Turkey body: Honeydew Melon
Turkey head: pear
Feet & Waddle (aka, gobbler) & short feathers: red pepper
Feathers: grapes & cheese
Beak: cheese

By the end of the day, the turkey lost most of his feathers and the melon was devoured the next day!

Did any of you get to enjoy a turkey-themed creation?

No comments:

Post a Comment